Diabetes has become a serious concern in today’s modern world. India is known as the biggest hub of diabetic patients. Diabetes has affected all age groups in our country.
The word Diabetes can simply be understood as increased levels of blood sugar if proper attention is not given it may lead to serious health issues like heart problems, metabolic issues, thyroid problems and may affect major organs.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Many small factors combine to form a symptom of diabetes. You have to be very aware of your activities & body reactions to prevent diabetes.
Some of the symptoms are listed below:
- Hunger Increment – A sudden rise in your daily diet can be a signal of diabetes.
- Increased Thirstiness – You start to feel more thirsty as soon as your blood sugar levels start to increase.
- Weight Loss – Even with the increased hunger and thirst, your overall body weight will start to decrease automatically which can result in many other side effects.
- Frequent Urination – as your thirst is increased you will feel a sudden urge to urinate every now and then.
- Blurry Vision – Vision blurriness is one of the first warning signals of diabetes. Eye lens starts to swell and the shape of the lens starts changing, resulting in blurred vision.
- Fatigue – increase and decrease in blood sugar levels result in fatigue. Get your blood tested at home by Healthlions Blood test at home Service to know your sugar levels.
Prevention Of Diabetes
Many Diabetes risk factors can be controlled. To prevent diabetes you have to make simple adjustments to your diet plans and daily routines. There are two types of Diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2.
Type 1 Diabetes is majorly caused by problems with the immune system. Type 2 diabetes is caused by a genetic deficiency or issues due to aging, which is also not under your control.
Some of the basic steps to prevent or delay the Type 2 diabetes –
- Eat fresh fruits regularly in your diet.
- Remove trans fat and saturated fats, refined carbohydrates from your diet.
- 150 minutes of exercise is necessary. Exercises like cycling or brisk walking.
- Eat more whole grains and vegetables.
- Lose extra weight of at least 7% of your overall weight if you are overweight.
- Get your checkup done regularly at least twice or thrice a year using healthlion blood test at home service or checkup at home service